Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater This is another book that I looked at for a very long time before I decided to read. I really need to stop doing that.Shiver was a wonderful YA love story that gives readers a whole new perspective on the legend and mythology of werewolves. Grace had known Sam for years, but only in his wolf form. She had watched him from her back yard and had always felt a strong connection to him. Sam had watched her too, and the connection was just as strong, but in his wolf form it was just a longing. This is how their love story begins and Maggie weaves such a wonderful story that you totally get drawn into it with no trouble at all. I didn't expect to get as wrapped up in this story as I did. I was actually tearing up in the final chapters. Sam fought throughout the whole story to hold onto his human side and not let the wolf take him over. Grace fought just as hard to keep him with her. They both knew it was a losing battle, but they still fought. What can I say - tortured souls always make me cry :(This could be a stand alone book. No cliff hanger, but you know that there are two more books, so the story is far from over. Linger is definitely going on my TBR shelf.