Enemy Within - Angeline Kace I received Enemy Within from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. I really want to ramble and rant and rave over this review, but I’m not exactly sure how. It’s not that I didn’t love this book, because I did. It was everything that Descended by Blood was, if not more. My hesitation comes from the fact that I’m scared to death that I’m going to give something away. There were so many twists and turns. So many secrets revealed and so much that happened almost every chapter was jaw dropping.Enemy Within starts pretty much where Descended by Blood leaves off. Brooke is in danger and they have to come up with a plan. There are a few complications that make things… well… complicated. Sorry, there’s just no better way to put it. The first obstacle that they face is Brooke’s transformation. Then there’s the whole problem of her own father being the enemy they have to fight. Things really get interesting when they all discover that things aren’t always what the seem and neither readers or the characters can figure out exactly who can and can’t be trusted. Needless to say, a lot happens in this book… a lot.None of the characters are spared in Enemy Within. There’s betrayal, loss which leads to grief, and physical pain. I can’t even begin to risk mentioning even minor details because all of it is so interwoven it’s sure to give something away. No matter how innocent a detail may seem on the surface, it all runs deeper. You’ll just have to read it to understand.There was so much packed into this book. Danger, romance, violence, action, mystery, heartbreak – yeah, it was all there. Tears are inevitable.. just a warning. A few times they came as a shock and there were moments that I both loved and grew angry at the same character within the same chapter. Then, once I finally felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief, tables were turned. Did I mention that authors are evil? Well, trust me, you have no idea.Fans of Enemy Within waited patiently for Descended by Blood. Well, semi-patiently. I was one of them, and even though I’m a very patient reader I’m not so that the way things were left at the end of Enemy Within isn’t going to try that patience to its limit. Yeah, it was more than a cliff hanger and kinda cements the whole ‘Authors are Evil’ thing. The third book in Vampire Born, Forbidden to Kill, can’t come soon enough.