Death's Servant - C.J. Ellisson I have to be honest here. I’m kind of behind on the VV Inn series. It’s one of those cases of too many books, too little time. I’m sure you know exactly what I’m talking about, right? The other thing is, I just recently re-discovered C.J. Ellison. I was first introduced to her writing and Vampire Vacation on a writing workshop website. I knew then that she was in the process of publishing the series, but I eventually stopped frequenting the site and lost track of the people I was following. I was so excited to catch up with her again and was even more excited to see that some of my other blogging friends had discovered her as well. When I was asked if I wanted to review Death’s Servant I jumped at the chance. The great part about this novella is that you don’t have to be familiar with the series to jump right in. For those of us who have already been introduced to the characters, it’s a nice little bonus and a great back story for characters we already know.So now that I’ve read Death’s Servant, what do I think? It’s the perfect addition to the VV Inn series. Seeing where Jon came from and some of the events that shaped him into the character we first meet in Vampire Vacation gives us a whole new perspective. For readers who haven’t met the characters yet, I can see how it would give you a taste of what is to come and who these characters are. There was also much more to Vivian (Dria) and Rafe’s presence in this novella than I expected and it was welcome.For being a novella, this story is packed full of action and even a fair amount of heartbreak, and just the right amount of heat. I also liked seeing these characters out of their normal surroundings. What made it even better for me was that I was familiar with where this story took place. That’s always an added bonus when you read a story that you enjoyed. It also stayed true to the series in that the action pulled you in from the beginning and pretty much didn’t let go until the last page. It also made me want to go back and re-read Vampire Vacation (not that I need a lot of reasons.) Mainly because I think I’m going to have a whole new perspective on the relationship between Jon and Rafe. There are several more books planned in a series of prequels for the VV Inn series. I can’t wait to find out who’s next on the list.Check out my author interview with C.J. Ellisson here: http://creativedeeds.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/deaths-servant-vv-inn-05-review-and-author-interview-with-c-j-ellisson/