Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks - Jennifer Estep I read Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks as part of the Carniepunk Anthology which I received in exchange for a fair and honest review. I should have known. I skipped this installment of Carniepunk when I read the book because I knew that I would soon be reading Deadly Sting and (when I'm paying attention) I like to keep my series reads in order. When I added Deadly Sting to my Bout-of-Books list I should have just thrown Parlor Tricks into the mix. Honestly, it was inevitable.A perfect little glimpse into the Elemental Assassin world. I love Gin and having just her and her baby sister Bria featured in this short read was fun. Well as much fun as a scary, dangerous carnival can be. As per usual, Gin dispenses her own brand of justice with her trusty blades, but this time she has a little help from her sister. There was even enough time in Parlor Tricks for some mouth watering food descriptions. This one was short and sweet but still full of the wit, fun, danger and action that readers have come to expect from the Elemental Assassin series.