The Fire Still Burns - Crystal-Rain Love My actual rating for this one was 3 1/2 Stars I’ve been on a Freebie kick lately. I’ve picked up a bunch and now I need to start reading some of the ones that I’ve had on my Kindle forever. Well, I guess 5 months isn’t exactly forever considering I have quite a few that have been around a lot longer than that, but I still feel like I’m making progress. Anyway, I’m glad that I picked this one up. It was a little bit different than some of the books that I’ve been reading and different is actually good.Brynn and Adam were an interesting couple. Brynn left the town that she grew up in for a lot of reasons. Adam thought that he knew what they were, but he really didn’t have a clue. Brynn was a young kid when she left and thought she was doing the right thing. By the time she realized that she might have made a mistake, it was too late.Adam was a good guy. He hated Brynn for what he thought she had done. Once they faced each other again though it was obvious that they still had feelings for each other. Halfway through this story I couldn’t put it down. My feelings kept going back and forth between the two characters. Sometimes I sympathized with Adam and got frustrated with Brynn, but it went both ways. They were both basically torturing each other and themselves and I really wanted to step in and tell them that they really needed to talk because they both had it wrong. *sigh*There were a few rough spots. I guess the biggest one for me was that I couldn’t figure out how people didn’t know what was going on right under their noses. It was a small, tight community and being from a small, tight community I know for a fact that not much happens that everyone doesn’t know about. Other than that aspect, I really liked the twists, turns, deceit and revelations that took place. I liked most of the characters and the bad guys were really, really easy to hate. I also like the way that not everything was revealed right away. Readers were caught as off guard (at least this one was) about some of the revelations that the characters were. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t. In The Fires Still Burns it worked for me. I’ll definitely be checking out more books by Crystal-Rain Love.