Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #3) - Sherrilyn Kenyon Would someone tell me why it’s taken me so long to pick up this series? Please? Okay, I know I have no one but myself to blame but seriously, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to jump on the Dark Hunter train. Never fear though. I’m totally making up for lost time. Talon was a mystery until now. He kept himself totally hidden and his swamp home, complete with alligators wasn’t the only thing that kept people away. He kept his distance from everyone on purpose, but that all changed when he met Sunshine. There was just something about her he couldn’t resist, but he had no choice.Sunshine was a character that I loved from the moment I met her. She was a free spirit and she was as drawn to Talon as he was to her. She also didn’t understand it any more than he did. Little by little she began to discover exactly who Talon was and why he needed to keep his distance. There were forces working against their avoidance of each other though. Through a lot of Night Embrace it was hard to tell which side readers should choose. That’s just one of the reasons why this one was so hard to put down. There weren’t only bad guys, there were impostors and people who you knew you couldn’t trust but found yourself sympathizing with them anyway. It was more than a little intense.One of the best parts for me was the very unique way that Sherrilyn Kenyon came up with to resolve some issues in Night Embrace. I also loved the twists and turns, and the humor in this book was adorable. Most of it was provided by Sunshine but she wasn’t the only character that gave readers a few chuckles. The witty banter and relationships that exist between these characters is perfect. Yes, there were also some tears, but with the existence that some of these characters have endured, that’s to be expected. Regardless of what they’ve been through, the characters definitely make this book and I’m looking forward to seeing much more of all of them.A lot happened in Night Embrace, as if the romance and the avoidance between Talon and Sunshine weren’t enough. This was a pivotal book for a lot of reasons. Lots of characters were introduced. A few mysteries were solved (a lot more were introduced) and some interesting back stories were given. There were even some appearances by previous characters that added to the intrigue. There’s definitely a lot in store for everyone.Dance with the Devil is next up and it features Zarek who was introduced in Night Embrace. Since the series worlds overlap, it’s not only the 4th book in the Dark-Hunter series but it’s also considered the 1st book in the Were-Hunter series. Is there any wonder there are so many books in this series? I’m not complaining though. I’m just starting out and I’m planning on loving every minute of it.