Tender is the Knight - Jamaica Layne Have you ever finished a book and still weren't sure exactly how you felt about it? That's pretty much where I was at the end of Tender is the Knight.I really liked the premise, and the story had promise, it just never seemed to deliver. One of the problems that I had was that I never really connected with the characters. Lisa fell head over heals in love with Phil, but I was never really sure why. He never did anything that gained my respect as a leading character, let alone make me even come close to liking him - even after readers, along with Lisa got his entire back story. Pegeen was self centered and didn't really fill the roll as a supportive best friend and the rest of the characters seemed just as shallow as the rest. Things just seemed to happen in Tender is the Knight without readers being clued in and not knowing why.Maybe it was the corniness, maybe I just didn't get the whole SCA premise anymore than Lisa did. Whatever it was, I just never got it. That doesn't happen very often... *sigh*