Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) - Elisabeth Naughton Everything that I loved about Marked, the first book in Elisabeth Naughton’s Eternal Guardians series, was still an integral part of Entwined. There was magic, mythology, romance, danger, loyalty and even betrayal. And then there was the curse. It seemed a cruel twist of fate in Marked when it seemed destined to tear Theron and Casey apart. The odds were stacked even higher against Callia and Zander.It was obvious by the end of Marked that there was something between Callia and Zander. This couple had my heart in knots from the beginning of this book. Readers knew that something awful had happened, but were kept in the dark for a while before the actual circumstances were revealed . The events that brought them to the point of both loathing each other and drawn to each other were beyond heart breaking. Callia had both physical and emotional scars that she kept hidden from everyone. Zander was an immortal who felt he had nothing to live for. One seemingly noble decision was the catalyst for a chain of events that there was no escape from.The pain that they had both endured brought this romance to a whole new level for me. It was so intense and emotionally overwhelming. The awful part was not only that they both had every right to feel the way that they did, but they had both been lied to and there were other lives that were as destroyed as theirs were because of those circumstances. Yeah, there were tears and they weren’t just shed for Zander and Callia.The supporting characters had as much depth and held my interest just as strongly as the couple this book was centered around. Readers learned more about the other Guardians as well as the characters surrounding them. Isadora went back and forth as a character I was either impressed with or as one who I wanted to smack. Atalanta was beyond evil in Entwined. I can’t even begin to explain why, just trust me. Evil doesn’t even begin to cover it. There were also the characters that I can’t wait to get to know better. The stand outs for me were Orpheus and Titus. Orpheus because of the mystery that surrounds him and Titus because of how impressed I was with his interactions between Zander and Callia. There’s so much more to both of these characters than readers can even guess at yet.The world building in the Eternal Guardians is as much a part of the story as the characters at times. The circumstances that these characters live in, the codes and laws that they are expected to abide by and the Gods that pull their strings all shape their actions and reactions. It’s a complicated web of hierarchy with the balance of power hanging by a loose thread.This book kept me on the edge of my seat until the final page. Nothing was predictable and not everyone was safe and sound at the end. I seriously can’t wait to pick up Tempted. I can’t even reveal in good conscious who the couple is in the next book. I never saw that one coming. This is one series that I’m going to have no trouble plowing through.