Powerful Magic (Heartspell) - Karen Whiddon Every once in a while a book will totally take you by surprise. Powerful Magic falls into that category. I love it when that happens. :)This is going to be a hard review to write, simply because I don’t want to give too much away. There are so many twists, turns and secrets slowly revealed that happened as the story unfolded. *sigh*Megan finds herself thrown into the past. She’s instantly attracted to Kenric, her unwilling savior. Kenric, however, has no time for anything other than his own personal quest and vengeance. Watching the wall that he has built around himself begin to crumble was part of why Powerful Magic turned into such a page turner for me. The world building and mythology also peaked my interest and kept the story moving at a steady pace.This is the first in Karen Whiddon’s Magic Series. From reading the other book descriptions, it looks like the only common thread between the books is the magic element. Even though I’d love to get more of the story between Kenric and Megan, I will still probably check out the rest of the books.