The Commander And The Den Asaan Rautu (Haanta #1) - Michelle Franklin I had been hearing a lot about this book from people I follow on Twitter and it peaked my curiosity. When Michelle asked me if I would consider reading it for review, I thought, “why not?” Now I really need to thank Michelle for introducing me to this unique world she has created. I am a fan of paranormal anything, but I can honestly say that giants are one set of paranormals that I can’t remember reading about. The world that Michelle has created is totally unique, at least for this reader. There is plenty of action and intrigue to go along with the magic and sexual tension. It’s also a fairly short read, so it’s perfect for a weekend escape. I went into The Commander And The Den Asaan Rautu not knowing what to expect and came away with a new series to follow. Part of what I liked about Michelle’s book was the way the main characters played off each other. Their sexual tension was almost playful which made it fun. The Commander was a strong woman who knew what she wanted and had more patience than most women in her position would have in waiting for it. The big, strong giant was at times ferocious and at others child like. When you threw their magi ward into the mix it got even more interesting. It was one of those situations where everyone around them knew they belonged together even though they thought they were being totally discreet, even with each other. It was fun to ‘watch’ from the sidelines.The Commander And The Den Asaan Rautu is Volume 1 in this series and I for one can’t wait to see what happens in the next installments. There were plenty of questions unanswered and mysteries left to solve at the end of this one.