Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma)

Sweet Young Thang - Anne Tenino I received Sweet Young Thang in exchange for a fair and honest review. I’m not sure what I like most about the books in the Theta Alpha Gamma series (or honestly, Anne Tenino’s books in general.) The smart, witty characters. The relationships between the characters, the way that they make me feel in general or just the simple fact that I know when I pick up one of these books I am guaranteed at least one, if not several ‘laugh out loud’ moments. Sweet Young Thang managed to deliver all those things and more.I’ve said more than once that I love it when an author can make a character that wasn’t exactly liked in previous books and turn them into a character that you end up rooting for. I never exactly disliked Collin. He wasn’t a bad guy, but he was a character that was ‘in the way’ of the relationship between Brad and Sebastian in Frat Boy and Toppy. I can honestly say that Collin is now one of my favorites. Getting to know him better in Sweet Young Thang was fun.Eric was a great character too. The biggest obstacle with their relationship was the age difference, and honestly, after the initial uneasiness of it passed, it wasn’t an issue at all. Eric seemed to have more of problem with it than anyone. He was also a character that I respected. The opening scene in Sweet Young Thang was a hard one, but it gave readers a perfect glimpse into Eric’s personality and character. He also had an artistic side and his passion about his photography was another thing that really gave him an added dimension.Collin and Eric as a couple just made sense. Collin needed someone older and more emotionally stable than his frat brothers. It was great that he found in Eric something that he didn’t even know he was looking for. It scared the crap out of him, but it was good for him too.The frat brothers have come a long way since Frat Boy and Toppy and Brad’s revelation. I don’t think I’ve laughed as much while reading a book in a long time. These boys mean well, honestly and they spend so much time trying to be sensitive that they stumble all over themselves in the process. It’s sweet in a crazy sort of way and for these books it works so well. The tough issues are handled with finesse and laced with humor at no one’s expense (at least not on purpose within the frat) but the reactions are priceless.Sweet Young Thang was a little different from the other books so far because the relationship between the main couple wasn’t the only source of conflict. Not that there weren’t some tense moments and a few hurdles to overcome, but the main conflict through most of the book was trying to figure out who was trying to destroy the frat house. It wasn’t hard to figure out who was behind it, but the ‘why’ was really surprising and there was more than one person in this one to really despise.The supporting characters were strong. A few new characters were introduced and some previous characters shared the spotlight with Collin and Eric. Halfway through Sweet Young Thang I realized that this series has almost reached its end and that kind of makes me sad. I’m going to miss the Theta Alpha Gamma crew when the next two books close the series. I have no doubt that Anne Tenino has more in store for her eager readers though, and I can hardly wait to see what comes next.