Rapture (Fallen Angels Series #4)

Rapture - J.R. Ward Talk about an emotionally packed read. Wow! Each time I read one of The Fallen Angels books I think that J.R. Ward couldn’t possibly make me love these guys more, but I should have known better.Envy was an emotional nightmare and throughout Rapture our beloved angels are still dealing with the fallout from those events. Seeing how broken Adrian is throughout Rapture is painful, but I never expected to become emotionally attached to the characters that this story centers around. As you can tell, this is a hard review to write because I don’t want to give anything away, especially if you haven’t read Envy yet. Just take my word for the fact that I knew that J.R. Ward would have her work cut out for her before I started reading Rapture. I love it when authors take a character that they have made you despise and turn them into someone you want to protect.More than once these characters had me on the verge of tears. The emotion was raw and the attraction between the two main characters was strong, yet the relationship was impossible and doomed from the start. It pretty much had me on the edge of my seat from the first chapter. And then Adrian…. well, you’ll just have to read it to find out. To be fair, Jim had me shaking my head a few times too.Jim was as strong and determined as ever, yet he faultered more than once. Nialls was as vaguely annoying as usual and Devina was her spiteful, evil, mentally unstable, messed up self. There were also some nods to the BDB series, which I always look forward to. There was a lot packed into this book and there were a lot of turning points and plot altering decisions made. Some of them were more drastic than others, but they will all have a huge influence on what happens next. I’m almost afraid to find out, but I know I won’t be able to stay away. I love these guys too much to abandon them now. I just hope J.R. Ward takes it a little easier on them in the next installment. (Yeah, I know, it’s never gonna happen – she loves to torture us too much *sigh*)