The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld Series #9)

The Darkest Seduction (Hqn) - Gena Showalter I may have jumped on the Lords of the Underworld (LOTU) fan train late, but I think I’ve more than made up for the delay. I started reading this series in January of this year. The fact that I am a new fan didn’t make the wait for Paris’ story any less painful. Okay, maybe those of you who have been reading this series from the beginning have been through a little more suspense than me, but still. We’ve been reading about Paris’ pain over losing Sienna for how many books now? It’s been torture! The only thing that would have made it any more painful would have been if Gena Showalter somehow didn’t make the suspense worth the wait. I’m happy to say that, at least for me, it was well worth it… so worth it… *sigh*At first glance, Paris’ possession by the demon of promiscuity (‘lovingly’ nicknamed ‘sex’ by Paris) didn’t seem that bad. After all, compared to all the other demons that the Lords are possessed by, how bad could it be to have to bed a different woman every day? Until you looked at it from his POV, it didn’t really seem that much of a sacrifice. Once you saw how tormented he was by the fact that he could never fall in love, he felt like he was using all the women he slept with and he was constantly overwhelmed by the guilt of those actions you could you begin to understand how miserable his existence actually was. He became obsessed by Sienna because he realized he may actually have a future with her. He just had to find her first. That drive to find her almost destroyed him. My heart broke for him more than once in this book.Then there was Sienna. She was under the control of Cronus, both tortured and trapped. She had no idea that Paris was looking for her and had forgiven her. He had no idea that she was praying that he would find her. Once possessed by Wrath, she realized that the Hunters had all been lied to. She had been brain washed and was determined to make up her past wrongs to Paris. They were two lost, tortured souls that needed to find each other. If only finally finding each other would end their torment.True to Gena Showalter’s style, nothing could be that simple. Most of the Lords couldn’t even see Sienna and none of them trusted her. Other forces besides Cronus wanted to use her for their own gain and she she truly felt that she and Paris couldn’t stay together. Unfortunately, they weren’t the only ones who were in danger during Darkest Seduction. Kane is still missing, Ashlyn is in danger, a few new characters are introduced and the premise for a brand new series is set up. Let’s just say, a whole lot happens in this book and it is well worth the read.So, was Paris and Sienna’s story worth the wait? Most definitely, yes! I still absolutely can’t wait until the next book though. There are still some Lords who need their HEA and I’m sure that Gena Showalter is prepared to deliver. ;)