Ascension (Shadow and Light Trilogy, #1)

Ascension - Felicity E. Heaton Okay, long story short. I absolutely loved these characters. There was really nothing about Taig and Lealandra that I didn’t like. The end. Umm… I’m kinda guessing that you may want a little bit more than that. OK, so here it goes.Ascension had everything in it that I absolutely love about paranormal romance. Mystery, romance (duh!), tension, an unwilling alpha, some really bad – bad guys and heat. Yep, that just about covers it. *sigh*Taig was what I have come to know as Felicity Heaton’s typical hero. He hates his dark side. He has loved and lost and that love has a name. Lealandra. What he doesn’t understand is that he never really lost her. That, in itself, is what drives this story – at least it was for me.Lealandra was in a no-win situation. She did what she felt she had to do in the past and she still is when the story opens. The connection between her and Taig was great. She had her work cut out for her. She had a power she couldn't control by herself and she needed Taig physically and emotionally. She just had to convince him of that. Taig was willing, but needed more for Lealandra than even he was willing to admit. Once again.... *sigh*The supporting characters in Ascension were impressive too. They help to keep the action going and kept the reader’s interest. A lot went on in this book and there was a lot to learn about the different races. Heaton did a great job at helping you keep it all straight.I know that this is listed as a stand alone novel at the end of the book, but according to her list of WIP on her website, Ascension 2 is due to be released in 2014. That’s a very good thing because there is definitely more to Taig and Lealandra’s story and I really wouldn’t mind visiting them again. ;)