A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm - Lori Foster This was a book that took me a little while to get into. It wasn’t the book’s fault, honest. It was actually a book that I liked. About half-way through, I realized that A Perfect Storm is the 4th book in Lori Foster’s Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor Series. Once I realized that, I looked at the book from entirely different perspective. I really need to start paying more attention, but honestly, once I got into the story, it really didn’t matter that I was missing some of the back story. There was just enough there that I got up to speed fairly quickly and eventually fell in love with the characters.The age difference between Arizona and Spencer did bother me a little at first. Once the reader realizes what kind of life Arizona has had, age becomes relative. It might have also bugged me a little because it obviously bothered Spencer. He spent most of the book trying to talk himself out of a relationship with Arizona. His goal was to prove to her that she could trust her feelings and prime her for a real relationship.Arizona’s strength in the face of everything she had been through was a big part of the story. Spencer’s respect and trust in her (and sometimes his lack of trust) was all part of the journey in A Perfect Storm. It was sometimes frustrating and obvious, but the inevitable outcome made it worth it.Now that I’ve finished A Perfect Storm, I will be going back to read the first 3 books in the series. You get to know some of the other characters in this one, but it made me want to get to know them better. I’m sure I’ll be coming back to this one then and might even have a whole new perspective to share. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.