Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione Once again, I’m late starting this series. Eternal Rider is actually the first book I’ve read by Larissa Ione. Please don’t judge. I can’t read them all… I’m having fun trying though, so please don’t stop recommending great series for me to pick up!I love the concept of this series and Ares was the perfect Horseman to start it off. I have to admit, it took me a while to get into this one. I think it might have had something to do with all the background info that had to be covered. I’m patient though and there was a lot of ground to cover, rules to discover and players to introduce. Once these characters had me though, there was no turning back.I loved Ares, Thanatos, Limos and yes, even Reseph. They were devoted to each other and determined to fight the inevitable. Their sense of humor was great and the dialog between them all really kept the story moving. I can’t wait to get to each of their individual stories. Eternal Rider made me want to get to know them all better. Even the other supporting characters had enough depth to keep me interested and there were a lot of supporting characters. In that way alone, this book was the perfect series opener.As for Cara and Ares? Wow…. that pretty much sums it up. Larissa Ione did an amazing job of making their situation seem more than hopeless. I don’t want to give anything away because I spent most of this book wondering exactly how these two could escape from the inevitable tragedy and actually have a HEA. The climax is heart stopping and the sacrifices that both Cara and Ares are willing to make for each other are heart breaking. Once the action unfolded there was absolutely no putting this book down.Eternal Rider comes to a satisfying end but still left me wanting more. That’s one of the perks of coming into a series late. I don’t have to wait for new books to be released. Yay! I’ve already got Immortal Rider on my TBR list, along with the rest of the Lords of Deliverance books. The next sibling featured is Limos, the sister of Ares, Thanatos and Reseph.