All Hallows Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #2) - S.M. Reine It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does it’s amazing. I’m talking about the moment you realize that a sequel in a series is even better than the first book. That’s exactly how I felt when I finished All Hallows Moon.I really liked Six Moon Summer. It was a great YA read that took me by surprise. It had a different take on werewolves and a lot of twists and turns that really qualified it as a true page turner. Things got even more interesting in All Hallows Moon.This book takes up almost where the first book left off. There is some time loss, but not much. Rylie spent the rest of her summer alone, without Seth or anyone else to help her through her transitions. She was a mess and once she reached her aunt’s ranch, things didn’t get much better. Not even when Seth arrived.The family dynamics that are in this series are great, especially in contrast. Even though things aren’t perfect for Rylie, she still has support and love. Her aunt may become frustrated and she doesn’t give Rylie much slack, but she’s fair and she obviously cares. Then the reader is introduced to Seth’s family life, although lack of family life would probably describe it better. His situation is heartbreaking and explains so much. S.M. Reine does a great job of pulling the reader into the emotions that they are both going through.There are twists and turns in All Hallows Moon as well. The descriptions of what Rylie goes through during her change isn’t held back on either and there is a lot of raw emotion. These books are not a sweet little wolf story. They are intense, realistic and sometimes heartbreaking. S.M. Reine pretty much nails it.I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book in the series. It promises to be just as intense as the first two. There were a lot of loose ends and some mysteries left at the end of All Hallows Moon. Obviously Rylie and Seth’s story is far from over.