Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick Ok, just to refresh everyone’s memory. This is a series that I almost didn’t read because of negative reviews that I had read. I’m reminding you of this for two reasons. One is that I want YOU to remind ME never to read 1 or 2 star reviews before I read a book (I would ask that I be reminded not to read any reviews at all, but that would be a losing battle) and the second is to remind you not to be swayed by the negative things that you read. If I would have taken those few negative reviews to heart, I would have missed out on a great story. Now, on to the review -Crescendo takes up where Hush, Hush left off. Patch and Nora are together, happy and enjoying their summer. That lasts until the end of chapter 1. We knew it couldn’t last, so honestly I’m not giving anything away.Nora’s mom still doesn’t trust Patch and tries everything from grounding to match making to keep them apart. (By the way, the match making thing should be a lesson to all mothers.) Vee still doesn’t like or trust Patch and she’s suddenly dating Patch’s best friend Rixon. To make matters worse, it seems to Nora that Patch is pulling away from her and heading toward Marcie Millar of all people. Talk about a downward spiral!There are so many twists and turns in this book I really don’t want to write too much because I’m afraid I will give something away. I will warn you that no one is exactly who they seem to be at first glance. That goes for the good and the bad. You also need to be prepared to be on an emotional roller coaster for most of the book. Nora is rarely in a happy place and a lot of it is self induced so you might find yourself wanting to shake her, literally.As for the ending? Let’s just say that if you haven’t started this series yet, you are one of the lucky ones. You won’t have to wait much longer for Silence’s release. It’s bad enough that I have to wait a month to find out where Patch and Nora end up. If you’re smart, you might even want to hold off until you have Silence ready and waiting. :)