An Apple For Zoe The Forsaken - Thomas Amo An Apple for Zoe was not like any book that I have read for a while, but that is a good thing. I've been reading paranormal romance and YA novels for a while now. Not that I'm in a rut or anything, but if I was, this book definitely pulled me out of it.Thomas Amo takes you on a wild journey filled with serial killers, mystery, intrigue mixed with a lot of supernatural and occult experiences. Once the action slows down and you think you can breath a little you're suddenly whipped back into the action and danger with a vengeance. You are introduced to the main character, Thomas James, as he begins his investigation of a murder. Unfortunately, it's the first murder of many in this book. How many, I honestly lost track. I guess it depends on whether you count the current murders along with the murders of the past because they all play a major part in the plot of book. The way that Thomas weaves all of these present, past and even future tales together keeps you on the edge of your seat. This story isn't for everyone I am sure and because of the violence and violent sexual references it doesn't fall into the YA genre at all. If you like a good action filled mystery with a lot of twists and turns, you are sure to enjoy An Apple For Zoe. It is part of a series, which is evident by the ending. It isn't exactly a cliff hanger, but you will definitely want more when you are done.The only reason I didn't give it a rating of 5 is because there were times that I got a little lost. I'm not blaming the writing. There is a lot going on in this book and if you become even the least little bit distracted you are sure to miss something. There are also a few places with some editing issues, but I'm picky when it comes to that, so I try not to be too critical. There's not enough there to distract from the plot and action. By the time you get to the next bomb shell that is dropped or the next 'run for your life' scene happens, any editing issues are long forgotten. When you start reading An Apple for Zoe, find a nice quiet spot with no chance of being interrupted. I wouldn't suggest doing it at night alone though - don't say I didn't warn you. :)